Working with 16-bit color files, adding a few layers and doing some
retouching, CS will sometimes use all available memory,  However, I've not
had it installed for more than 24-hours, and may be missing a few
memory-saving options in the way it's set up.  However, it is slower than
PS7 on my setup, and that's obvious ... and disappointing.

Shel Belinkoff