Rebecka wrote:
> Dan, I did use the same lens for all the shots. I was mainly using up a roll
> that I had in the camera bag, fuji 400. The lens was the one that came with
> the camera a 35mm-80mm with the 2X tele converter that I have. I know that I
> should have used a faster film but I was mainly just playing around some.
> Also with the tele converter I have to focus manually, I am guessing because
> of the lack of lighting it doesnt focus good indoors.

This might be the cause of your problem. A 2x converter will reduce incoming light by
2 stops. This will give you a working aperture at 11 at the long end of the zoom, and
simply maybe too small an aperture for enough light, thus maybe causing what you
described as "I needing more light".
Those consumer zooms are not very fast (as in not having large apertures) compared to
primes (like 50/1.4 or 1.7, 135/2.8 etc.) or more expensive zooms that may work from
2.8 upward.
Why don't you try the 135/2.8 or the tele zoom which will give you a 4.5 aperture to
work with the next time? (This will give you 3-4 stops more light, which ought to be
sufficient even for the built in flash.)
Coming to think of it: the MZ50 will unfortunately need what is called "A"-lenses to
meter properly at other apertures than wide open. (If you set a non-"A" lens at for
instance 5.6, the camera will still meter the light as at it's widest aperture.)
Do you know if your non-Pentax lenses are "A"-ones?

Lasse