On the Mac, Unstuffit is included in the System software. If you want a newer version, you just download it. The Unstuffit is totally free, not licensed. It has been that way from the beginning 15 years ago. The newer versions (last year or two) will uncompress just about any compression routine (windos, mac, unix, etc) known to PCs. Definitely worth looking for, it is a very handy tool.

I could send you a copy, but I suspect you don't want the Mac OS-X version...

Stan

Frantisek Vlcek wrote:

Dear Mac & Win friends,

can you help me with StuffIt please? The dumb bastards at Alladinsoft,
who created this piece of sh*t, require me to download the whole trial
version (10MB) of StuffIt just to get the little Expander. All I want
is to open some downloaded ICC charts which the poor unknowing soul
compressed with this idiotic product (when there are much better ones
like Bzip2 or Tar/Gzip)... Software peculiarities are the curse of the
Macs, but Windows have their share as well...

Is there any small program to just open the damn .SIT and .HQX files?
I do not want to install a whooping 10MB "suite" which I am sure will
just sh*t in my system registry and folders not properly uninstalling
itself afterwards. Or, if the license allows it, could somebody just
mail me the small Expander which was still for download as standalone
in older versions of StuffIt?

Thanks and good night!

Good light,
 Frantisek Vlcek