I used the 360FGZ with the *istD outside on a dark(ish) rainy evening
taking my daughter's prom pictures.  I also took some indoor shots.  I
had the *ist D on 400 and was using a sigma 24-70 zoom.  I was very
pleased with he shots, and I normally hate flash.  I just set it on
P-TTL and didn't think about it again.

The word on this list has been that the flash use is optimized for iso
400.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Joseph Tainter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Has anyone gotten consistently good TTL results with any flash on the

>*ist D? I am in the market, but hate to spend money on something that

>may not give reliable results.

I'm interested in this question also. My AF400FTZ is OK in basic TTL
mode, but useless if I try any flash compensation (and I've tried lots
of different ways of doing it).

I've considered buying the AF360FGZ but it isn't powerful enough for
my
uses (and I'd like head swivel as well as tilt). I'd love a
fully-ist-D-compatible, higher-powered version of the 360FGZ. Please
Pentax build it for me and I'll buy it!

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing