HI Ken,

I agree with most of it, except that I think 77 is equally sharp wide
opened. I remember testing my *ist (35mm) with this lens - I shot almost
a roll of Reala at f/1.8 and they are all sharp, very crisp with distant
subjects. Of course the sharpness would be more even stopped down, and
definitely this is the best lens I have.

The only limitation is the slow AF, but it focuses manually almost like
a real MF.

I just need to buy that 31mm to satisfy my thirst of complete LTD lens,
but the price keeps me away from getting it!

Regards,

Winston

>>77mm is still in a good portrait range and very sharp.  It does not
have the sharpness of 85mm in wide open but I never minded. <<