"William Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I have a K2 that has developed a problem with the shutter.  At slow speeds
>(approx 1/30 and below) about every third or fourth shot the speed will be
>off, it sounds like the camera is firing at sync speed (1/125).  Anyone have
>any handy hints or experienced the same?  Right now a CLA is not in my
>budget and if it's possible there is a fairly simple DIY solution that would
>be great.

Could be something as simple as a bad (corroded) battery connection.
When you have no power (dead batteries or some other reason) the shutter
defaults to sync speed. If it really is going to sync speed when you get
your problem the most likely cause is a temporary interruption of power
somewhere, so a bad power switch would be the next candidate.

Download the service information from my web site at
http://www.robertstech.com/pentax.htm and see what you can find.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing