>>(approx 1/30 and below) about every third or fourth shot the speed will be
>>off, it sounds like the camera is firing at sync speed (1/125).  Anyone have
MR> When you have no power (dead batteries or some other reason) the shutter
MR> defaults to sync speed. If it really is going to sync speed when you get
MR> your problem the most likely cause is a temporary interruption of power
MR> somewhere, so a bad power switch would be the next candidate.

Hi William and Mark,
   this indeed sounds probable. I do not know how but I just haven't
   read the part about the shutter sounding like the X speed. I just wrongly
   assumed it was the same problem I saw earlier in some K2, which
   behaved oppositely - every few shots it opened the shutter for
   longer than selected. Must read the nessages I am replying to
   better next time :)

Best regards,
   Frantisek Vlcek