On 24 May 2004 at 11:30, Kenneth Waller wrote:

> Rob,
> pg 84 step 3, in the manual, makes no mention of exposure compensation for
> multiple exposures. In the MZ-S and the PZ1P, which also have multiple exposure
> capabilities, there is no mention about exposure compensation for multiple
> exposures either and if you simply shoot multiples in these film cameras you get
> over exposed images. On those cameras I simply reset ISO per the number of
> multiple exposures - ie for 4 exposures, multiple ISO by 4 and reset ISO setting
> for that group of multiples. This can't be done on the *istD.

Sorry I missed the thrust of the question obviously. However on the rare
occasions that I've used multiple exposures I've always used manual exposure in
any case. I wouldn't have even guessed that exposure compensation may have been
automated. This degree of automation seems a bit pointless anyhow, surely it
can only work effectively if the subsequent exposures are fin the same light
and from the same POV? You learn something everyday I guess.

In what circumstances would you be likely to use the multiple exposure function
on the *ist D?

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998