Hi,

David Miers wrote:
I now look upon the idea of film vanishing with great sadness.  Photography
is classified as a Fine Art, but I don't think I ever really understood why,
until taking this class.  I question whether or not Photography's status as
a Fine Art will continue into the digital world.  I would have to say my
instructor did his job well.  And he gave me an "A" too!!! Yayyy... 8)

Quote (not precisely his words, just the best I can remember) from David Hockney, last week:
"With the advent of digital imaging and computer manipulation, most output has been reduced to the level of badly drawn photographs"

mike