Any camera that is to be used in extreme cold should be CLAed and reassembled with cold weather lubricants. A good camera repair shop will know what to use and where to use it. Otherwise, you're libel to end up with slow moving shutter curtains at high speed. MX would be fine as would almost any other manual body. The lube is what makes a difference in the cold. Spoken by someone who once six rolls of film shooting football at Chicago's Soldier Field in -10 F weather.

Paul