Hi Collin ...

>From which Leica lenses did you see photos?  Although I'll admit to
a rather limited experience with Leica lenses (I've only three, and
have only used five), all have been nice and sharp all across the
image with no appreciable light falloff.  The lenses I've used are
the 1959 Summarit, the two latest iterations of the 35mm Summicron,
a recent 50mm Summicron, and a Tele-Elmarit (90mm/2.8).  All are
just gorgeous WRT rendition and detail.  At the least I'd have to
say you're painting a generalization with too broad a brush (at
least wrt Leica glass)

Pentax glass is generally quite good, although I am embarrassed when
it comes to some of the newer "consumer" lenses.  Many of them are
crap, and not worthy of the name Pentax silk-screened on to their
plastic bodies.  Of course, this is true of many consumer zooms,
regardless of what name is stenciled on the body.

One thing I will say in favor of the leica rangefinder lenses, and
that is their optical quality is excellent almost without exception
- like those old SMCT and SMCP lenses.
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]