Hi Rob,

thank you for your very informative post! I also had too many
mysterious software failures and hangs which many could be attributed
to badly designed key components. Like in enlarging, one component in
the chain (e.g. vibration of table or badly painted wall) can ruin the whole print, no
matter how good Focomat with S-Planar you have, I have had failures
whhich were due to poor fitting connectors and other such things. I
will have to give the power supply a good consideration now, as I will
be building a new computer soon. Thanks!

Best regards,
   Frantisek Vlcek