I, on the other hand, had a APS UPS burst into flame. If I had not been sitting at the computer when it happened, it would have burned the house down. I will never trust their equipment again.

--

Rob Studdert wrote:

Most UPS will maintain a system without mains power for 15 minutes or so and most can couple with the OS to enable automated shut-down should the mains failure be prolonged. Most also contain quite good mains filters too, I personally use APC UPS on all my critical computers and peripherals components (scanners, modems, external drive/burner, network hubs/switches etc) and in over 10 years I've never had mains based equipment failure and this includes the day that 33kV was imposed on our 240VAC local mains power. http://www.apc.com

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html