Hi,

Frantisek Vlcek wrote:
I would like to ask those who used a big processor or lab or something
similar. I am using a Jobo, and am searching for something that would
kill the algae which invariably form in the waterbath. Chloride is,
according to Jobo, dangerous to the plastics or temperature sensors or
whatever. That would probably include other Halides like Iodine.
Otherwise, I would use chloride cleaner. Although I am not much
content with them, being, according to some sources, very
environment-unfriendly. But let's not get into politics discussion ;-)

One thing that would work is regularly changing the water. This would also help in reducing the build up of solids coming out of solution as the water evaporates and is topped up. Otherwise, you could try dilute solutions of peroxides. Another option would be to build a stainless steel tank and transfer the Jobo parts to it.

mike