Hi,

Frantisek Vlcek wrote:

   presently, changing the water is a PITA, because of placement of the
   tank (I don't have that much space where it is now) nearly on floor,
   and the drain is of course the lowest point. When I manage to put
   it elsewhere, it will not be such a big problem. It is interesting
   to know if the silver buildup on bottles with old fixer is
   sufficient to act as biocide. Chlorine bleach probably the easiest
   way, it's "brute force" and working well :) But I was a bit afraid
   of trying it because of JOBO's warnings. What if the whole tank
   melts ;)

I don't think the tank will melt; more likely, it will, over a period of time, become brittle, weak and liable to fracture under the weight of water or a processing tank. If the bleach is very diluted, the effect should take much longer to happen. OTOH(s) the dilution may then be too much to prevent formation of whatever it is and the process of degradation may be one that self promulgates once started.

mike