Saturday, June 12, 2004, 5:08:14 AM, Butch wrote:
BB> We actually use chlorine bleach in water to clean the stabilizer tanks if
BB> they get too scummy with algae. I agree with Mike that changing the water
BB> regularly would be the best option. How hard is draining and refilling the
BB> water bath on a JOBO? I would consider draining after each session and
BB> refilling if it's not a PITA. In labs I've worked in that have drained the
BB> stabilizer tanks monthly there has not been an algae problem. In labs that
BB> didn't we'd have to drain and clean the tanks a couple times a year.

Hi,
   presently, changing the water is a PITA, because of placement of the
   tank (I don't have that much space where it is now) nearly on floor,
   and the drain is of course the lowest point. When I manage to put
   it elsewhere, it will not be such a big problem. It is interesting
   to know if the silver buildup on bottles with old fixer is
   sufficient to act as biocide. Chlorine bleach probably the easiest
   way, it's "brute force" and working well :) But I was a bit afraid
   of trying it because of JOBO's warnings. What if the whole tank
   melts ;)

Best regards,
   Frantisek Vlcek