For slides only, you might consider Minolta Scan Elite 5400. With colour/B&W negatives, get Vuescan too.

Regards,
Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

I want more control over my colour printing process, which has got me
thinking about 'going digital'.  However, digital photography still has
some serious shortfalls in that:

1 - I like to do slideshows and digital projection solutions are either
poor or expensive or both

2 - I also like shooting at night (moonlit landscapes, star trails, etc)
and I understand that noise becomes a serious issue for long exposures.

3 - If I did go digital now, I'd be attracted to either Pentax (small
size, I have some lenses) or Olympus (small size, good build, very
attractive 2 lens kit), but both of these systems have just one body for
the moment and I don't want to commit without knowing where they are
headed.  I've tried both the E1 and the *ist D, and I have concerns
about the *ist D AF and buffer depth, and system continuity for the E1.

So I'm thinking of getting a scanner and a wide format inkjet photo
printer to try out the digital workflow a bit, but I have no idea where
to start.  Can anyone recommend a good film scanner, and for that matter
a good photo printer.  I want to print to about A3 size (12 or 13 inches
wide).  Right now I shoot a lot of FUJI Velvia and Provia 100F.

MSN Premium: Up to 11 personalized e-mail addresses and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines