OK, the last time I replied to this list I did it all wrong and added
unnecessarily to length of the response.

> Subject: Re: canon vs pentax
>

> "With Nikon, there is the AI lens compatability issue, then there are
> all sorts of issues surrounding whether a particular lens will meter
> or even allow shutter operation.
> Even the Nikon users call the lens compatability issue a minefield.
> In order to get away from it, you have to go to their very top line
> models, and even then, I doubt if a non AI lens will even mount
> anymore."

Perhaps its a minefield if one expects total compatibility of all lenses
with all bodies but, its really not so bad.  For example, Non-AI lenses can
be easily and cheaply modified and some AI bodies will accept non-AI lenses.
For the most part its nice to know that purchasing a new body would not
require the acquistion of an entirely new set of lenses.  I think this is
also a point in favor of Pentax as well:  that older K mount lenses can
still be used with the latest bodies.

RCB