Maybe something like "hold this button down and press the shutter
release"  This would instantly fire the shutter no matter the focus
state.  I'm not sure I want it any simpler than this as I don't want to
be accidently changing the WB.

Sylwester Pietrzyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>We were talking a lot about *istD improvments that could be done via
>firmware.
<snip>
>- direct manual WB metering - that is - I would prefere to just press
this
>small button and make *istD to meter WB without need of using shutter
>release button

Well that one just wouldn't work: You have to trip the shutter so that
light can get to the sensor in order to measure white balance!

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing