I fear manufacturers development departments are not good at thinking 'outside
of the box' and the short product cycles have cut down available time to let
foreigners test prototypes - to make the developers aware of things they just
did not 'see'.

If we leave behind the 'film based' thinking, then ISO, aperture and shutter
speed have a comparable influence on the final image and all three values
should be equally easy to adjust and be equally displayed. What was a
combination of two values now is a ISO-speed-aperture triangle (well, it always
was...).

If it gets darker I can adjust ISO to get the best noise/shutter speed/aperture
compromise, if I need shallow DOF I decrease ISO so that I can shoot wide open,
if I need a very high shutter speed I can increase ISO until I get 1/6000 and
so on. I don't think it is an adequate solution having to turn two dials to
adjust ISO and then afterwards not even being able to see what was set (without
hitting another button).

Sven

Zitat von [EMAIL PROTECTED]: