Oh, come on, Shel.

Some of my photos are pretty well focused.

You just haven't commented on all of them is all.

I don't go out of my way to ~not~ focus properly. It's just that some photos, when I look at them, speak to me ~despite~ the lack of focus, not necessarily because of it. I kind of hope that they may speak to others as well. It's not necessarily a look that I go for at the time I take the photo. I know that's not the way you take pictures. You plan ahead of time, you have things mapped out before you hit the shutter release. Sometimes I do, too. Other times, I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. Sometimes it's the latter photos that I like best, when I'm looking through my contacts, deciding what to print up. This is one of those photos.

Now, in fact, the dog was in focus in this particular photograph. He moved, however; that's why he's blurry.

I know very well that some are put off by these blurry things. That's their problem. I also know that some appreciate them, which is all well and fine. In fact, it's great. But, I'm putting these up because ~I~ like them.

You can refer to my photos as Art if you wish. That doesn't change what they are, which is photographs. Nothing more, nothing less.

I happen to think that if this particular photograph was completely sharp (both Julian and Fritz), it would be pretty uninteresting. And, maybe it's uninteresting as it is. But I don't think so.

Your crop certainly changes the photo a great deal. My initial thought is that Julian looks too far back from the dog for my liking, but I may come to think that's a good thing. It's an interesting and thought-provoking take on the original uncropped version, though, and I like that you took the time to do it.

I also greatly appreciate your comments, even though I wonder if they're somewhat tongue-in-cheek, or maybe even a bit mocking in tone in some places. Maybe I've just been put in a bad mood by reading an Antonio post...

Seriously, I always appreciate your comments, Shel.  Thanks.

cheers,
frank