The only suggestion is to reconsider your choice of the Pentax FA 100/3.5
macro. Optically, it's said to be extremely sharp. But you have made it
clear that you like manual focusing, which you would probably want to do
for macro work anyway. The Kiron 105/2.8 would be an outstanding choice.
Unlike the plastic Pentax 100/3.5 (which is made by Cosina), it focuses all
the way to 1:1 without attachments. It just may be my smoothest-focusing
lens. I bought it in the standard K mount, but it was later made in KA
mount and I've seen it advertised in KA for about $200 U.S. Big and heavy
(52mm filters, 72mm wide, 102mm long, 656 grams!) but worth it. It snaps
images in and out of focus more decisively than any lens I own.

The more commonly found Vivitar 100/2.8 and Vivitar Series 1 105/2.5  are
virtually identical, all made by Kino Precision; I'm not sure why they bear
different maximum apertures and focal lengths. I can send you photos of the
Series 1 that I've saved from the Web.

The Vivitar Auto Macro 90/2.8, while not a Series 1, took 62mm filters. It,
too, was a stellar performer and reached 1:1.

Paul Franklin Stregevsky