From: Alan Chan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 12:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: FA* 80-200/2.8 discontinued?

Canon & Sigma have more crappy bokeh do not make Pentax good, but relatively
better only. But thanks for lecture. I feel sorry for myself that I can only
afford so few and so low end non-finest Pentax lenses like FA*24/2,
FA31/1.8, FA43/1.9, FA77/1.8, FA*85/1.4, FA100/2.8, FA*200/2.8, F*300/4.5. I
should be ashame of myself.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

>I have a Tamron 90mm SP AF lens that is widely regarded as having some of
>the best bokeh ever, some have said better than comparable Leica primes.
>On
>close comparisons I found that my Pentax SMC-F 50 1.7 has equal bokeh,
>seems
>to be slightly finer even.  We can talk all day, but I've seen the goods.
>Sure my old Takumar 200 lens occasionally rendered out of focus highlights
>with hard edges, but in general that didn't happen.  That lens is also 40
>years old and a telephoto.  I've seen plenty of crappy Bokehs from Canon
>and
>Sigma, which is more along the lines of whom Pentax competes with.  If you
>haven't actually used Pentax's finest, then there is no sense in comparing
>Pentax to a fine quality manufacturer like Zeiss.

STOP MORE SPAM with the MSN Premium and get 2 months FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=htt
p://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines