Fra: Leon Altoff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 29. juni 2004 11:05
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Re: Lighting for ebay sales?

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:30:48 -0500, Gonz wrote:

>A friend of mine is upgrading her photo setup for ebay sales in response
>to higher volume and increased variety of lighting requirements.  She
>asked me if this was a reasonable deal:
>
><http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3860&item=382456074
5&rd=1>

>She doesn't have the space and experience (and money) for a more
>elaborate setup, and this seemed like a good deal for her at the buy it
>now price.  I told her that I normally don't do this type of shoot, so I
>don't have any experience with manufacturers, setups, etc.  Do any of
>you have any experience in this area that could give a quick thumbs
>up/down to this offering?

It does depend on the lighting effect she is after.  I use 2 AF360
flashes wireless to the *istD with the RTF adding to the overall
exposure.  The AF360's are mounted on 20 year old stands with 20 year
old 80 cm silver umbrellas at about 40 and 60 degrees to the porcelain
figurine (subject) from about 20-30 degrees above the subject.  The
background is just a large piece of coloured cardboard curved from
underneath to up the back and supported by a copy stand.

It gives this sort of effect
http://users.bigpond.net.au/laltoff/IMGP2875.jpg

Hope this helps some.

 Leon