This is my first post to this list so bear with me if I goof it up.

I have been using one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3860&item=3822497139&;
tc=photo
along with 3 "Bought at the hardware store" 10 inch reflectors equipped with
Daylight 100 watt
"Compact Flourescent" bulbs for eBay photos for some time now with good
results.
The lamps are clipped to lightweight light stands, I bent the spring clamps
with pliers to better grip
the stands.
The cost of the whole rig was about $200.00 and is very versatile.
I like using "Hot Lights" so I can get the effect I want with fewer test
shots.
The compact flour. bulbs give off little heat and last a LONG time.
Here is an example of the end result:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3818772408
These were taken with an Olympus C-5050 Digital at F8 and about 1.5-2.5
seconds.

Don

Gonz wrote:
A friend of mine is upgrading her photo setup for ebay sales in response
to higher volume and increased variety of lighting requirements. She
asked me if this was a reasonable deal:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3860&item=3824560745
&rd=1>
She doesn't have the space and experience (and money) for a more
elaborate setup, and this seemed like a good deal for her at the buy it
now price. I told her that I normally don't do this type of shoot, so I
don't have any experience with manufacturers, setups, etc. Do any of
you have any experience in this area that could give a quick thumbs
up/down to this offering?
TIA,
rg