Leica, on many of their lenses, notes their exact focal length.  Can't say
for sure if it's still being done, or if it's done on all focal lengths,
but if you observe the markings on the lenses, and understand their
meaning, you'll see that, for example, a nominal 50mm lens may actually be
a 50.5mm, or 51mm.  Different examples of the same lens have different
focal lengths for numerous reasons, most of which I can't remember.  So, my
50mm lens may have a slightly different focal length than another 50mm lens
of the same manufacturer and model.

Shel