> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:04:05 -0400
> From: "Collin Brendemuehl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: off-brand lenses they didn't make
>
> Wider than 28mm there's the 24/2.8 from (Kiron?) Vivitar
> and the 24/2.5 from Tamron.  But not much else.
> Pentax has a strange history of focal lengths.
> 15mm
> 20mm
> 30mm
> 40mm
> 50mm
> 85mm
> 120mm
> 150mm
> 200mm

Boy, that 85 sticks out like a sore thumb, doesn't it!  I wonder if the
77ltd was aiming at 80mm but ended up 77.  I'll bet the 31 was essentially
aiming at 30 or 28.  Leica made an 80 IIRC, so it's not unheard of.

I must admit, I've almost bought a 24/2.5 Tamron several times.  I would
have except 24s are a bit pricey, and I don't use that focal length much.
I might eventually get one of the 28s from Tamron, while there are still
M42 adaptall mounts availible.

But what I really want is a 20, damnit!

DJE