[Original Message]
From: Peter J. Alling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

That said on my monitor it's too dark and loses the detail of the railings, (etc.), until I turn the brightness control to MAX.

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

It's supposed to be dark. Since I don't know what you're looking at, I
can't comment. There are some subtleties that seem to get lost when

viewed

in my browser that are obvious (to my eyes) when the pic is viewed in
Photoshop, where it was edited.  IrfanView provides a flatter image.  Too
many variables out there <sigh>

IAC, a semi-calibrated monitor seems to be a strange beast. What is

that?

How does one calibrate a monitor to "semi" standards <L> ?

Shel