--- Keith Whaley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >

> Shel Belinkoff wrote:

<snip>I wonder what other
> people see.
>
> Upward, definitely.
>
> keith

I'm in the "up" camp.  It's not just his body
language, it's the "flow" of the photo.  The railing
and the stairway seem to naturally start at the bottom
and move up.  My eye seems to automatically or
reflexively (both of these are wrong, but I'm not
thinking tonight) start at the bottom and work up to
the top of this photo.  It's what the composition does
to me, anyway.

Shel, I'm still putting my thoughts together for a
more comprehensive comment on this one...

cheers,
frank

=====
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.  The pessimist fears it
is true."  -J. Robert Oppenheimer