I don't know what the exact ingredients are but Kodak Len Fluid smells like ammonia while some unknown lens fluid (those I used many many yrs ago) smells like alcohol.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

I think that any lens cleaning fluid which contains surface
detensioning agents (surfactants) is to be avoided. In plain speech,
that's your typical dishwasher agent, and such concotions using it in
cleaner form sold for higher prices.

Why?

Because surfactants are notorious for sticking on any surface,
including metal, glass and plastic, over some period of time. And
because of their properties (they are, after all, surfactants) ,you
are unable to remove them.

Anybody developing film themselves will tell you that the surfactants
used for developing film without water marks will over time leave a
sticky residue even on stainless steel reels.

I would be a little afraid what that buildup might do on my lens fron
element.

Frantisek

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN Premium http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines