Why not an MX?  I notice it wasn't really considered in this thread.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/13/04 12:27PM >>>
> BTW why not an MZ-S ??

I've not seen any used ones around (haven't looked
much on ebay tho), and new ones are $770 from KEH,
whereas they regularly have the LX for $350... but
even that is pushing it.

> Jon, I think the only way you can make a decision is
to go to a camera shop and play with these cameras. Do
you have one near you? Everyone's preferences are
different.

None of the shops around here have anything more than
the more common cameras. (ME, K1000, etc) Does KEH
have a retail storefront, or are they phone & internet
order only? I'm about 2.5 to 3 hours driving distance
from Atlanta.

I really think I'd like the LX, but I'm scared I'll
spend $350-$500 on a camera body that will need $200
worth of repairs in six months.