I have had and used all three models you've mentioned. I think for your purposes the super program is the way to go.
It is small and compact, and with the winder, only a bit bigger than the K2DMD without a winder.

The main advantages I can think of (compared to the others) are:
- less expensive by far... many folks not intimate with pentax models don't realize what a capable camera the SP is. That could explain why the going price on ebay (and Elsewhere) compare to the other models.
- significant feature set, equal to the others and better in some regards. Like:
a. TTL flash-- the 280AFT is a must have to go with this camera. Unless you spring even more for the 400 AF T.
b. Faster flash sync.
c. Nice viewfinder.
d. Program capability with "A" lenses.
I'm sure there's more, but those are the main ones.
Having said all that, I must say that the SP stays on the shelf more than the others (LX and K2DMD) these days, but I think that is just because these models have just a bit more "cool" factor than the Super program.
Just my opinions of course.
Sid B

I've been thinking about picking up another camera
body, and I wanted some opinions. Things I'd like in
order of importance are aperture priority and manual
mode, ability to be motorized (my A3000 has spoiled
me), DOF preview and MLU.

What I've given particular attention to is the LX
(nice, very nice... but expensive), the K2DMD
(seemingly uncommon, expensive compared to a regular
K2), and the Super Program / Super A (common, cheap,
lacks MLU and DOF preview).

Anybody that's used any or all have any remarks about
these, especially comparatively? Reading
specifications only goes so far.