I read the patent for the 118/2.4 too last year but it doesn't make sense for Pentax ro release another expensive Limited lens consider the last one (FA31/1.8) hasn't sold that well. This is especially true when people are saving money for DSLRs and digital lenses now. 87/2.4 is just too close to FA77 and would be a mistake imho.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

Actually, Pentax have long had a FA 87/2.4 Macro Limited lens developed that have not yet been released (along with a 118/2.4 Limited). The lens focus down to 1:2 by itself but the kit will include either a small extension tube or a dedicated close-up lens for bringing it down to 1:1. What solution will be used was not finalized when I got this info a couple of years ago. Such a lens could be a great replacemnt for both the two FA macros.

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines