Hey, Rob, since you are now so firmly into this digital stuff, just send me the Mamiyas. I promise they will get used until the day I die.

GRIN!

--

Rob Studdert wrote:

On 20 Jul 2004 at 23:24, Tom C wrote:

Exactly... and depending on the circumstances you still have to be able to
download/delete on the fly to take more shots.  The more things change, the more
they're the same.

I've found the the Flashtrax (darn it, I'm getting older and have had a couple of whiskeys) works for me quite well in the field. In under 15 minutes (estiguess) I can download a 1G card and erase it for reuse.

Technology has its advantages too. Normally I'm carrying my 80GB X-Drive and 6GB of CF cards which translates to approximately 6350 RAW images. When was the last time you tried to lug 176 cans of film around in your camera bag? :-)

The CF cards alone will store around 440 RAW shots.

Rob Studdert HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA Tel +61-2-9554-4110 UTC(GMT) +10 Hours [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/publications/ Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html