----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom C"
Subject: Re: Film vs Digita, was: lRe: Pentax is Dying?

>I typically shoot in
> two veins... one might be a landscape where everything is at
infinity... but
> I also like wide angles where everything from 1 ft. to infinity is
in focus
> (speaking in 35m terms).  How does a P67 and available lenses hold
up in
> this regard?   I honestly haven't done much research... I assumed I
could
> shoot pretty much the same in any format given the right lens...

The everything at infinity is an easy task for the 6x7, as with any
camera system.
Its when you want to juxtapose a close object with a far away one
that problems arise. There just isn't as much depth of field
available with medium format.
The 45mm is pretty well it for wide angles, after that, you are in
fisheye territory.
The 45mm has an angle of view on the 6x7 similar to that of a 24mm on
35mm film.
However, depth of field is still that of a 50mm lens, more or less.

Perhaps I will have to bribe you into coming to BC in September with
the offer to shoot both formats.
We could do our own little photo workshop.......

William Robb