Followup... actually I'd like to try 4 X 5. I do think one can 'craft' a shot regardless of format. That's why I think going to a 67 and all manual focus will help in that regard.

Tom C.

From: "Tom C" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Film vs Digita, was: lRe: Pentax is Dying?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:39:46 -0600

From: "John C.  O'Connell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

4x5 is a far superior image quality SYSTEM, it is not because the
lenses are better, actually some of them are worse than the P67
lenses, it is just that the film size is so big you don't need as
much lens resolution to end up overall much sharper than P67.
Add to that the fact that film grain is way less visible with
the bigger negs and 4x5 pretty much destroys p67 for landscape
photography.

I don't mean to sound harsh but your reply seems to be based
on all the classic myths and sterotypes associated with LF
by people who have never done any LF photography.

JCO

You are correct... I have never done LF firsthand, or MF for that matter. Here's the thing... let's say my personal "Keeper shots/Shots taken Ratio" is 1/36, or approximately one per roll (yeah, if I'm lucky). If I go out and shoot 100 frames of 35mm, I might come back with 3 keepers. If I were to only take 20 images on an outing I could come back with nothing worth keeping... what % of your 4 x 5 shots are throwaway?

Tom C.