The reason you buy an AF body is because that is the only way they
make DSLR's or 35mm SLRs or 645s.

Of course, why not leave the camera in P mode instead of controlling
it.  You bought it with that feature, why not use it?

How often have you actually got that quick 1-chance shot that was a
real great shot?  Seems that making all the other planned shots suffer
for it a bit odd.

If you were walking around with a 67 or 4X5, you are not going to try
to get those type of shots (I question how good they are going to be
anyway), so why not just apply the same thought process to what you
already have?  On top of that, the satisfaction of creating your shot
is much greater than the feeling of being "lucky" to run into a shot
that your camera did all the work for.

--
Best regards,
Bruce