On 3 Aug 2004 at 9:38, graywolf wrote:

> OTOH, when I needed old finacial records (from 2 years ago) I found that the
> direct copies on CD-R were not readable. Backups with an opsolete backup
> software on the same brand CD-R's burned on the same drive, were. If I did not
> have that old backup software on hand I would have been UTC.

Yes, a crucial part of using back-up to CD/DVD media is to ensure that the data
and directory structures conform to ISO Level 1, ISO 9660 character set, that
the data be written and the disc closed in a single session and that the data
be verified before making any modifications to the original data. :-)

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998