I have put myself on a budget, so I am just using an old Velbon head
(traditional video pan-and-tilt), I got from a broken tripod. It's fine when
I use it with the tilting handle pointing the same way as the lens.

For my normal Manfrotto tripod (190B) I use a Bogen/Manfrotto 3030 head.

BTW: Manfrotte has a truly GREAT SERVICE organization:

By accident, I damaged the 3/8" thread. So, yesterday I wrote the
Manfrotto.com webmaster if he/she could direct me to where I might get a
spare part for the monopod. This morning the Danish Manfrotto representative
emails me at work, saying he got the part (the wheel with the spring system
and the 1/4" and 3/8" thread) - it will cost me 12 USD (shipping included) -
and he'd mail it to me as soon as I have transfered funds. Result: I will
probably get it tuesday in the mail - that is only 3 working days after may
first mail to manfrotto.com!!!

So guys, if you ever need a tripod, light stand etc. - make shure to check
out all Manfrotto options first!!!

All the best

Jens Bladt
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]