The following message was sent by [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Fri,
6 Aug 2004 03:18:22 -0400.

> Whilst on the subject of Manfrotto monopods, What heads are folks out there
> using, and why that particular head?
>
> Kind regards
> Kevin

None. I just mount the lens/camera directly onto the 'pod.
When I went to buy my manfrotto monopod, I fully intended buying a head too.
The man in the shop told me I didn't need one (pretty odd for a salesman!).
It's true, I didn't need one. I'm primarily using it for dogsports and the
lenses I use have rotating tripod mounts. The only time I would probably
want to use a head is if I knew I wanted to shoot vertically and the lens
I was using didn't have a mount (e.g. with the FA 300/4.5).
For that I would use my 486RC2 which usually lives on my 055S
I'd quite like one of the joystick ballheads or the grip action head though.

Wendy