Hi Pentax lovers
I really hope you enjoy seeing this pictures as much as I am rediscovering
them after more than 20 years.
I will post some more of (then) hidden China and Australia and Suez and crew
members at work later, if nobody complains.
The first series of photos was made with a compact Olympus XA camera with
35mm lens, later after dry dock in Honking I had my first ME Super with a
standard 50mm lens and a small dedicated flash.

I was first working as a Messboy on the Swiss freighter MS "Caribia" in 1977
at 17 and then as Steward on the Swiss MS "Silvretta" in 1981 at the age of
21. That means serving the crew and later the Officers.

1       my cabin (all crew member cabins have the same dimensions, the Officer's
cabins are, of course, larger:
        You see 3 very important things among others : The fridge, the Grundig
World Receiver Radio and some good booze :-)

2       the Panama channel takes 8 hours to pass, mostly at night,  the voyage
from England to Panama took us 14 days:

3       Anchorage on the Mississippi river some miles away from New Orleans

4       Stupid men including me better run fast - no comment:

5       a small town in China, Police and military controlled everything. We where
only allowed to go to a certain Restaurant,
        and a Seamen's Shop and they did not give us chinese money too. People only
spoke chinese, so it was nearly impossible      to get in contact. More photos
follow soon:

        We don't need no stinking cars:

6       and a cliche shot for the romantic:

more soon in selected Pentax theaters only
Comments are very welcome.

Markus