Hi Cesar
nice to have some memories to share with you.
I placed some more photos from Panama this night in "wave 3",
I hope you have already seen the "second wave - crew at work"
at http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=256444.

see comments below:

> there were four of us sharing a 'room'.  When you left the ship you had to

I urgently need my privacy, I would not have worked on a ship under those
conditions.
I have been forced to live like that in the army, that's sufficient... :-)

> ships, was
> not being able to travel the Panama Canal.  I worked at Rodman AB for some
> time and saw the traffic daily.

that's why I posted some more views for a little compensation :-)

> 3     Anchorage on the Mississippi river some miles away from New Orleans
> Orleans (forced
> to work there during Mardi Gras one year), the second time out of Morgan
> City, Louisiana.  Very interesting areas each one - and so different.

On the other side, you pay $50 for the Speedo boat and the taxi to New
Orleans and back to the ship,
an expensive adventure to listen to some Jazz and have a beer!

> 5     a small town in China, Police and military controlled

> America.  I will not even bring up the Penal Colony we 'visited' on our
> maiden voyage out of Panama :-)

"exotic" places are seldom the real good ones... (expensive, unfree)

My absolutely best travels where with the first ship MS "Caribia" at the age
of 17.

14 days Europe with Hamburg, Bremen, Rotterdam, Le Havre, England and once
Denmark
14 days from England to Panama (good to save some money)
1 month in Central America: Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador and
once Mexico and more.

3 times the same route

maybe you have been to Puntarenas in Costa Rica too? The most beautiful
place I have been, "everything"
was "extraordinary" ;-)

> 6     and a cliché shot for the romantic:

> not seeing any land; the  awesome sunrises and sunsets as I messed around
> with a harmonica on the back deck.
> It is very understandable - the call of the water...

Take out the harmonica for some sweet memories Cesar, this one is for you:

and, don't miss the next "waves" with photos form the vessel, crew at
leisure and seamen baptism and
some more landscapes....

soon in selected Pentax theatres only
Markus