Fra: Paul McEvoy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 6. august 2004 18:19
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: first question

Hello there,

I'm new here and was hoping you might be able to answer a couple of
questions.  I'm travelling for a few months and hoping to take a lot of
pictures.  And hopefully good pictures.  I was originally planning on buying
a Nikon Digital SLR but after reading around for a while I decided I might
learn a lot more from using film.  I just bought a K 1000 off ebay with the
50/1:2 lens.  I'm interested in getting some more lenses to round things
out.

It needs to be said that I have almost no idea what I'm doing, frankly.  But
I am a writer and think that it would serve me well to be a competent
photographer too.  I'm leaving pretty soon for this trip (cross the US and
Canada by very small car), so I'm trying to get some good equipment now and
make some mistakes along the way with it.

I'm looking for a wide angle lens and a portrait lens.  I read that I should
be looking for a 100mm prime lens for the portrait lens, but I can't seem to
find much on ebay.  Actually none, except for some screw mounts.  There are
a lot of 135mm lenses.  Would the do similar things?

As far as the wide angle goes is it worth trying to hunt down a 24mm or is
28mm just as good?

And is the Pentax k mount 80-200mm zoom a good lens?

My apologies if these are questions you've all heard a thousand times.  I
appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks
Paul