I did not get Jens Bladt's message below directly via the PDML,
only as part of someone else's reply.
but if it was a reply to me I do not understand your comments.

My point is that a natural perspective is achieved by being
the right DISTANCE from the subject of the portrait, the right
framing is achieved via the lens selection. I do not see where
the cropping comments are coming from. I was not talking about
or implying the use of any cropping.

Yes, there will be less DOF with a 135mm vs a 85mm from the same
distance to subject and using same aperture due to higher magnification
but that can be matched via stopping down the 135mm or opening up
85mm to match if it is critical....

JCO
===

----