As I mentioned elsewhere, the K/M lenses work fine.  But the whole
approach, while clever, does smack of "afterthought", which doesn't
exactly inspire confidence in the future. OTOH, who knows what Pentax
thinks?  It could simply be that they rushed the *ist D to market as
fast as they could  and some stuff got left off.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 8/8/2004 8:47:44 AM >>>
All of your pentax lenses are useable on the *istD. I have some FA
lenses, but I prefer many of my K-series versions and shoot with them.

The first release *istD did not have the necessary firmware to meter
with K lenses. The new ones do, and they work fine. It's simply a
matter of selecting your ap and pushing a button before you fire. The
camera will then select a shutter speed. It's center weighted metering,

and it works fine. Basically, you have a metering function similar to
ap priority on the LX. Of course, with A lenses, the *istD provides the

full range of metering option.
Paul