From: "John Francis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: Caveman goes digital

I agree.  Because someone is Pentax is known (or at least believed :-)
to read this discussion list, there's a tendency to imagine we're an
important factor in the Pentax decision-making procedure.  Personally
I think this is pretty much wishful thinking - I'm not sure I'd want
to be thought responsible for many of the decisions coming from Pentax.

But if we're going to claim credit, then I'd just like to remind the
list members that I described *exactly* the technique Pentax now use
(right down to suggesting which button to use) back when we were first
discussing the *ist-D, as the best that could be achieved in firmware.

It's hard to say. The upgrade may have been in response to complaints
here and elsewhere, it may have been an oversight, or just a matter of
continuing development. In any case, I'm very pleased with the *istD. I
can produce very nice 12 x 18 prints if I shot RAW and res-up in
PhotoShop CS during RAW conversion.
Paul