> Paul Stenquist wrote:
> > All of your pentax lenses are useable on the *istD. I have some FA
> > lenses, but I prefer many of my K-series versions and shoot with them.
> > The first release *istD did not have the necessary firmware to meter
> > with K lenses. The new ones do, and they work fine.

Some of us know, but Caveman may not, that if you buy an *istD that doesn't
have the new firmware, the firmware is available on line. (On the Pentax
website.)
I don't know if it's the case that new ones do have it, Paul; I bought mine in
mid-July and it came without the new firmware. Which I promptly installed that
very evening.

ERN