Mark Roberts:

Exciting with the new lenses. Could someone please explain what the
difference in focal length will mean for macro shots? I fully
understand what difference it makes in regular shooting conditions,
but wouldn't "life size" 1:1 magnification become 1:1 regardless?
What difference does it make then?

The only difference is that fills the whole frame of an ist-D at 1:1 wouldn't fill the frame of a film SLR at 1:1. They'd both have the same magnification ratio (1:1 of course!) but on the film camera there'd be more empty area around the subject.

I meant what the difference would be between 50 and 100 mm, not between film and digital :-)

anders
http://anders.hultman.nu/
med dagens bild och allt!