Quite possible those were serviced because the rubber cap should be glued onto the plastic lever first, let dried, then assembled to the camera. It's not your fault though!!<g>

I have found many used Pentax cameras were ruined simply because some technicans used their own way to fix them. The most common is the missing/mixing washers (they actually have at least 4 different thickness, could be even more) between the body & front lens assembly. This shortens the lens to film plane distance, and renders the wide angle distance scale useless.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

Well I'll be darned.
I just tried that on the Super A and the plastic came right off!
This is the FIRST one that somebody hadn't put so much glue on that you
could do that.
Every other one I've had the rubber was VERY firmly glued to the brass nut!

Thanks Alan!

Don

Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has to offer. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.