Actually I'm thinking of the much smaller one that works the little
anti-reverse pawl associated with the reset lever.
The reset lever is de-actuated by the tab on the film door.
I'll get one apart and see if I can get a pic.
I believe the one you pictured is used to reset the counter to 0.

Here is the spring I'm referring to, but this is on an ME Super, the SP may
be different:
http://www.donsauction.com/pdml/spring.jpg it's the one the pencil point is
laying on.

Don